Food Service Licensing and Inspections
To keep the residents of Hamilton County safe from food borne illness outbreaks, Hamilton County Public Health licenses and inspects more than 2,300 food service operators.
Annual food service licenses, new licenses and temporary licenses are issued in Hamilton County, outside the cities of Cincinnati, Norwood, Sharonville and Springdale.
View Food Operations Fees.
Sanitarians inspect restaurants, grocery stores, schools and other facilities for proper food storage, handling, preparation and serving. Sanitarians also conduct food safety trainings for food service employees and investigate potential food borne illness outbreaks within the Health District's jurisdiction.
Click on the statement below that best describes your situation:
- I want to open a new food service operation (restaurant, convenience or grocery store, etc.).
- I want a temporary license to sell food a community festival, fair or other event.
- I want to renew my food service operation license.
- I want to attend a food safety class.
- I want more information about food service inspections in Hamilton County.
- I want to view food service inspection reports (restaurants, etc.) online.
- I want information about food safety in my home.