Hamilton County, OH…… The Exchange Project will begin service at a new location in Westwood June 13. The new service location will be at 2420 Harrison Ave. Wednesday afternoons 2-5 p.m. Also beginning June 13, the services offered in Mt. Auburn at 65 E. Hollister St. will move hours to Wednesdays, 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.
The Exchange Project is a comprehensive public health initiative that includes:
- Education about overdose prevention, communicable disease and injection safety;
- Testing and referral to treatment for communicable diseases such as hepatitis, HIV and sexually transmitted infections, and pregnancy testing;
- Referral to substance abuse disorder treatment programs, as well as to medical, mental health and social services;
- Safe disposal of injection equipment;
- Access to sterile injection equipment to fight the spread of disease;
- Access to naloxone, the overdose-reversing drug.
The Bloodborne Infectious Disease Prevention Program, of which the Exchange Project is an important component, is a partnership between Hamilton County Public Health, the Cincinnati Health Department, Interact for Health and the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine.
“We are pleased to be able to expand this service to the western side of the County,” says Hamilton County Health Commissioner Tim Ingram. “With the addition of Westwood, we are even better able to meet people where they are and where it is most convenient for them. Thanks to the community of Westwood for welcoming us.”
Following is the entire schedule for The Exchange Project operation beginning June 13:
- Mondays – 2-5 p.m., 1670 Cooper St., Northside
- Tuesdays – 1-4 p.m., 400 block of Crawford St., Middletown
- Wednesdays – 10 a.m.- 1 p.m., 65 E. Hollister St., Mt. Auburn; 2-5 p.m., 2420 Harrison Ave., Westwood
- Thursdays – 10 a.m.-1 p.m., Clermont Mercy Hospital; 2:30 – 5:30 p.m., Hamilton County Public Health, 250 Wm. Howard Taft, Corryville
For more information on the Bloodborne Infectious Disease Prevention Program, visit The Exchange Project on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/hc.xchange; follow on Twitter at https://twitter.com/hc_xchange; or visit www.hcph.org
Posted by: Mike Samet