Fact Sheet: Daycare Control Measures for Prevention of Communicable Diseases
Home > Fact Sheets >
KNOW THE FACTS!
Daycare Control Measures for Prevention of Communicable Diseases
- ¼ cup of bleach per one gallon of water; or
- 1 tablespoon of bleach per one quart of water
For more information, contact the Division of Disease Prevention at 513.946.7923.
Enforce strict hand washing for staff and children
- Observe children while washing hands.
- Hands must be washed after using the bathroom and before eating or preparing meals.
- Stress the importance of good hand washing with parents.
- Change diapers in designated areas only.
- Assign specific, gloved staff person to change diapers. This person cannot handle food.
- Wash diaper changing area in between diaper changes with disinfectant. • Wash hands with soap and water after each diaper change.
- Change gloves after each diaper change.
- Put soiled diapers and gloves in plastic bag. Place in step-type trash can.
Clean surfaces and toys
- Wash thoroughly, then sanitize and rinse toys daily.
- Wipe counter tops, tables and chairs before preparing/eating food with soap and water. Follow with bleach mixture listed above.
Clean bathroom and toilet area
- Continue general sanitation procedures.
Clean surfaces that come in contact with human feces/stool
- Wear gloves.
- Remove feces and clean area with soap and water.
- Disinfect area with bleach mixture listed below.
- Allow area/item to air dry
Download a printable version of this fact sheet here.
250 William Howard Taft Road, 2nd Floor, Cincinnati, OH 45219
Phone 513.946.7800 Fax 513.946.7890