Fact Sheet: Financial Aid for Sewer Connections and Septic System Replacement
KNOW THE FACTS!
Financial Aid Information for Septic Repair/Replacement and Water/Sewer Connections
Financial aid may be available to homeowners who are repairing or replacing their household sewage treatment system or those connecting to water or sewer lines.
Hamilton County & Ohio EPA WPCLF Grant
Contact: (513) 946-7800.
- This is a grant program based on family income.
- Moneys may be used for sewage treatment system replacement and sewer connection costs for failing sewage treatment systems.
- Hamilton County Public Health bids projects and selects contractor.
- Payment issued directly to contractor after the installation is approved by Hamilton County Public Health.
Hamilton County Home Improvement Program (HIP)
Contact: (513) 946-4459.
- This is a bank loan at an interest rate 3 percent below normal.
- May be used for septic systems, water/sewer connections and many other home improvements.
- No income restrictions for eligibility, but must meet bank’s credit requirements.
- Can be used to correct code violations.
GRANTS & LOANS
U.S. Department of Agriculture – Rural Development
Contact: (937) 393-1921.
- This is a loan or grant program.
- Grants are based on family income and applicants must be over 62 years of age.
- Loans have no age restrictions, but may have income restrictions.
- Moneys may be used for sewage treatment systems and sewer tap fees or other home repairs.
- Areas covered under this program often vary. Contact the USDA Rural Development Office for eligibility and current coverage areas.
- Payment will be issued after the installation is approved by Hamilton County Public Health.
People Working Cooperatively
Contact Production Support Department: (513) 351-7921.
- Grant and loan programs are based on family income.
- Money may be used for sewage treatment system repair/replacement and sanitary sewer repair/connection costs.
- Some areas are not covered under this program.
- Payment will be issued after the work is approved by Hamilton County Public Health.
For more information, please contact the Water Quality Division at (513) 946-7966
The provided information is believed to be accurate; however, program changes may occur. Feel free to contact 513-946-7966 with any questions.
|250 William Howard Taft Road
2nd Floor, Cincinnati, OH 45219
Phone 513.946.7800 Fax 513.946.7890