Fact Sheet: When Do I Need a Plumbing Permit?
KNOW THE FACTS!
When to get a Plumbing Permit
Doing home improvements? Need a plumbing permit? These jobs require a plumbing permit…
You Need to Get a Plumbing Permit When You:
- add or remodel bathroom/kitchen
- add or replace sump pump/water heater
- replace toilet/sink/shower valve
- install permanent whirlpool/hot tub
- add or replace dishwasher or garbage disposal
- install permanent irrigation system
- install yard hydrant
Can a homeowner get a permit?
Yes, under some circumstances, if you:
- own and live in a single family residence where work will be completed
- continue to live in the single family residence for one year after work is completed
- complete the work yourself
- live in Hamilton County outside the city of Cincinnati.
If you meet these requirements, you will need to complete copies of the following:
- The Homeowner’s Information and Agreement Form
- Application for Permit to Install Plumbing
These forms are available online at www.HamiltonCountyHealth.org.
If you do not meet these requirements, you must hire a registered and bonded plumbing contractor to do the work. A searchable list of registered and bonded plumbing contractors is available on our Web site, www.HamiltonCountyHealth.org.
For more information, call the Plumbing Division at 513.946.7854 or visit www.HamiltonCountyHealth.org.
|250 William Howard Taft Road
2nd Floor, Cincinnati, OH 45219
Phone 513.946.7800 Fax 513.946.7890