Dear HSTS Contractor,
Hamilton County Public Health (HCPH), Ohio Department of Health (ODH), and Ohio Environmental Protection Agency (OEPA) are pleased to announce the availability of financial assistance to help qualifying homeowners in the repair/replacement of their failing household sewage treatment system (HSTS). This limited funding amount has been awarded to Hamilton County through the Water Pollution Control Loan Fund (WPCLF) by the OEPA in the amount of $300,000. Applicants have been pre-approved for the funding in one of the following categories:
- 100% of the installation cost paid by HCPH with 0% paid by property owner;
- 85% of the installation cost paid by HCPH with 15% paid by property owner;
- 50% of the installation cost paid by HCPH with 50% paid by property owner
We are currently seeking bids for the installation of a sewage treatment system and proper abandonment of existing STS components at the addresses listed below which have been pre-qualified for the WPCLF funding based on household income and size. Links are provided to view and print the approved design for each of the pre-approved properties. The pre-approved funding level and contact information for each property are as follows:
- 6820 Hillside Ave, 50% Grant Funding, Contact William Long 513-504-5542
- 998 Nordyke Rd, 50% Grant Funding, Contact Nancy Wilson 513-474-4873
- 8484 Mt. Hope Rd, 50% Grant Funding, Contact Thomas or Maegan Mitchell 513-833-3932
- 7225 Bridges Road, 85% Grant Funding, Contact Jeff and Linda Hutson 513-315-8241
- 3138 Timberview Drive, 85% Grant Funding, Contact Brett and Gretchen Newton 513-666-2494
- 6968 Hearne Road, 85% Grant Funding, Contact Michael Steffee 513-502-1815
- 7821 Willey Road, 85% Grant Funding, Contact Deborah Cook 513-738-1372
- 3675 Hubble Road, 85 Grant Funding, Contact Joyce Bowman 513-309-2279
- 8641 Batavia Road, 100% Grant Funding, Contact Evelyn Lynce 513-474-0261
- 6101 Rapid Run Road, 100% Grant Funding, Contact Barry Faxon 513-702-5606
- 9883 Weik Road, 100% Grant Funding, Contact Phyllis and Harry Wise 513-608-6750
If you wish to participate in this program, you will need to submit a quote for the Total Cost for all work needed to install the approved HSTS. This will include all items specified on the approved HSTS design, any needed connection of plumbing into the building sewer, disconnection and re-routing of any clear water from the plumbing system or HSTS, any needed electrical service upgrade if required to accommodate the replacement HSTS components, any other eligible and justified items, finished grading, seed and straw, and proper abandonment of the existing HSTS components.
To be considered, quotes must be received by the date specified in each attachment above. Quotes will be reviewed by a team of individuals and be awarded to the qualified applicant based on the lowest and best bid and will be depended upon bidder’s availability to complete the requested work in a timely fashion. Awarded contracts are strictly between HCPH and the selected contractor. Any attempt to enter into separate contract, addendum, modification, invoice or other contractual agreement, except for the matching percentage to be paid directly by the owner to the contractor, without prior approval by HCPH may disqualify the bidder.
If selected to complete the HSTS installation, you will be contacted directly by HCPH. At that time, you will be required to sign a site specific version of the contract listed in the link above. Once verified, a Notice to Proceed will be issued by HCPH allowing the selected contractor to begin the installation. All installations must be completed (including final inspection) by the date specified in each attachment above and following receipt of the Notice to Proceed.
It should be noted that any unexpected changes and/or alterations needed during the performance of work, requires a Contract Change Order (see Contract – Attachment B). Payment for any changed or extra services will not occur without pre-approval using this method. Also note that the contract has special insurance and bid bonding/financial guarantee requirements that must be followed.
For the WPCLF portion of the payment to occur, HCPH must approve the final HSTS installation. After which, the contractor must submit to HCPH an invoice, by the date specified in each attachment above, to document the incurred costs for the repair/replacement along with an approval certificate issued by HCPH. Upon verification of this information, HCPH will send a request to Ohio EPA for reimbursement of the eligible system repair/replacement costs. After confirmation by Ohio EPA, the Ohio Water Development Authority will distribute the funding to HCPH, who will then pay the contractor the approved amount. Any portion of the approved bid amount not covered by the WPCLF must be paid by directly by the property owner to the contractor.
I hope you will take this opportunity to provide a quote for any of the above jobs you are interested in completing. When submitting each quote, please include with them a completed, signed and dated copy of:
- Hamilton County Bid Proposal Form
- Contractor Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Certification Form
- Certification Regarding Debarment, Suspension, and Other Responsibility Matters Form
- American Iron and Steel (AIS) Form
If you have any questions concerning this program, please feel free to contact me directly at 946-7866.
Christopher M. Griffith, RS
Director of Water Quality