What is a WeTHRIVE! Neighborhood Navigator?
A WeTHRIVE! Neighborhood Navigator is a resident who can help Hamilton County Public Health (HCPH) staff make connections and build meaningful relationships in an effort to create a healthy and safe community for all.
What is expected of a WeTHRIVE! Neighborhood Navigator?
- Identifying and recruiting residents, businesses, schools, community organizations, youth, and more to participate on the community WeTHRIVE! team.
- Scheduling and leading WeTHRIVE! team meetings on a monthly basis.
- Attending a WeTHRIVE! Ambassador training
- Monthly communication (at a minimum) with a health educator at HCPH to inform of progress, as well as training and support needed.
Am I able to apply to become a WeTHRIVE! Neighborhood Navigator?
Anyone meeting the following requirements can apply to become a WeTHRIVE! Neighborhood Navigator:
- Live in Arlington Heights, Reading, or St. Bernard.
- Good written and spoken communication skills
- Pays close attention to detail
- Able to commit time to advancing health and safety in the community
- Basic computer skills (such as Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and email)
- Access to reliable transportation (e.g., car, bus)
- Passion for helping others
How many WeTHRIVE! Neighborhood Navigators will be selected?
Due to limited resources, only one WeTHRIVE! Neighborhood Navigator per community will be selected.
How much time is required as a WeTHRIVE! Neighborhood Navigator?
Time will vary. It is estimated that no more than 5-10 hours is needed per month.
Will I get paid as a WeTHRIVE! Neighborhood Navigator?
Yes, funding is available. WeTHRIVE! Neighborhood Navigators will receive a $500 stipend after an Agreement is signed. Additional funds will be paid after completion of activities.
Will WeTHRIVE! Neighborhood Navigators be selected for other Hamilton County communities in the future?
HCPH is committed to piloting a partnership with WeTHRIVE! Neighborhood Navigators in Arlington Heights, Reading, and St. Bernard during 2017. In the event that additional funding and resources become available, HCPH may consider adding additional WeTHRIVE! Neighborhood Navigators.
Please Fill Out an Application Below