Since priority health issues in a community constantly change, it is important to monitor the health of the community on a regular basis and revise the focus of improvement activities as needed.
Community Health Needs Assessment
A community health assessment is performed in collaboration with community members to learn about the Hamilton County community. It:
- Describes the health of the population
- Identifies areas for health improvement
- Identifies contributing factors that impact health outcomes
- Identifies community assets and resources that can be mobilized to improve population health
- Identifies key health priority issues
The results of the Community Health Assessment are used to provide direction for interventions, policy formation, implementation and evaluation found in the Community Health Improvement Plan.
Community Health Improvement Plan
The Community Health Improvement Plan for Hamilton County, published in September 2020, utilizes information from the Community Health Assessment and identifies goals, objectives and strategies aimed to collectively address the priority health issues in Hamilton County. Click here to view the 2018 Community Health Improvement Plan for Hamilton County.
- Community Health Improvement Plan Quarterly Reports
Program Implementation Plans
- Program Implementation Plan, 1st Quarter 2021
- Program Implementation Plan, 2nd Quarter 2021
- Program Implementation Plan, 3rd Quarter 2021
- Program Implementation Plan, 4th Quarter 2021
For more information about community health planning, contact Hamilton County Public Health at 513-946-7800.