During any emergency that requires the distribution of important information to the public or specific audiences, Hamilton County Public Health relies on many communication systems, including our own Health Alert Network (HAN). The HAN is a system used to notify members of the community about public health emergencies or other pertinent health information. Messages are typically delivered via fax or e-mail. By participating in Hamilton County Public Health’s HAN, you will receive information that may be vital to the health and safety of Hamilton County residents.
Contact us to join the Health Alert Network.
General Emergency Preparedness
- Download Prepare to Care: Guide to Disaster Ministry In Your Congregation and get additional faith-based tools for emergency response and pandemic preparedness. Tools to help meet the spiritual and “unmet” needs of disaster victims from the Church World Service Emergency Response Program.
Pandemic Influenza Preparedness
General Information about Pandemic Influenza
- Pandemic Influenza
- Community Strategy for Pandemic Influenza Mitigation
- CDC’s interim guidance regarding use of face masks to prevent the spread of pandemic influenza
- Faith Community Messages
Tips for maintaining a healthy faith community, adaptable.
- Hamilton County Pandemic Influenza Forum for Faith Leaders
PowerPoint presentation from April 2007 Faith Community-Public Health Forum
- Short bulletin insert or Long bulletin insert
Suggested text/inserts for church bulletins and other faith community newsletters, adaptable.
- Challenges and Preparation — Community Organizations
This checklist identifies specific steps faith-based and community organizations can take now to prepare for a pandemic.
- Tools for Community Organizations
More information for community groups from Ohio’s Pandemic Influenza Web site, including fact sheets, check lists and sample newsletter articles.
For more information call the Emergency Response and Preparedness Division at 513.946.7889.